Phone: 440-775-1751 | Fax: 440-775-0619 | 85 South Main Street, Oberlin Ohio

Appearance in Court

If you have received a traffic ticket and you want to pay the ticket you may be able to pay the ticket without appearing in person at court. This is called a Waiver. Most tickets can be waived. However there are some tickets that cannot be waived. You must appear in court for the following tickets:

  1. If this is at least your 3rd ticket in a one year period.
  2. If you are charged with an offense that has a possible penalty of jail.
  3. If you are charged with an offense that has a possible suspension of your driving privileges.

If you are required to appear for court and fail to do so then your driver’s license may be suspended or a warrant may be issued for your arrest depending on the type of charges filed.

Driving Privilege Petition

You can Petition the Court for driving privileges under certain license suspensions by filing Form 4-08 and paying a fee of $50.00. Limited Driving Privileges are subject to random drug testing at Defendant’s cost. Positive tests shall result in a revocation of privileges.If the officer has written Mandatory Court Appearance on your ticket.


Procedure for Waiving a ticket

If you can waive the ticket you have the following options to pay your ticket:

  1. You can mail the ticket with the fine and costs to the following address:

Oberlin Municipal Court
85 S. Main Street
P.O. Box 179
Oberlin, Ohio 44074



3.  You may appear at the court.

Not Guilty Plea

If you wish to plead not guilty you either must appear in court or you may send a written not guilty plea to the court using Form 1-05 available here.

Court Appointed Attorney

If you are requesting a Court Appointed Attorney you may appear at the Oberlin Municipal Court and fill out an Affidavit of Indigency to determine if you qualify for appointment. An Attorney may only be appointed to cases in which there is a possibility of a jail sentence. To view the list of current Court Appointed Attorneys, click here.

Seal Record Information [Expungement]

If you are requesting to seal your record, please click on one of the applications below, fill out the requested information and file with the Court:

Informational Presentations

Points for Traffic Offenses  [Note: Audio is not available at this time]